Thursday, September 29, 2016



“To use a phrase I have always been fond of, I discovered that I was living on borrowed time.”
--Paul Auster, The Book of Illusions.




I share a lengthy poem by Ron Padgett posted by a FB friend and google to find out about the poet because the poem  impress me. 
This goes for every work of art, photographs, movies, articles which I come across on social media. This is how I learn. Picking up bits and pieces from here and there, like a rag picker, apart from history, apart from experience gained by staying alive each day...
This is perhaps what sustains me, besides my readings (not very extensive) and small happiness I extract out of life.
On FB,  friends (friends as well as strangers) from countries as varied as Philippines, Brazil and Colombia; a glimpse into their culture, language…This is the reason I befriended many on FB. This, the reason why I continue on social media. Just as it is with my small circle of friends in Chennai and elsewhere, less talk (with friends who are eloquent I enjoy listening to them which too is a process of learning) and more effort on discernment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment