Thursday, December 31, 2020

Looking Forward...


December, 31,2020 

8.45 p.m.


We stand at the threshold of another year.

Everything looks hazy and vague to me. New medication for depression keeps me a bit drowsy throughout the day. So what I'm writing now won't be coherent. Still...

The immediate concern for me is to overcome the crisis caused by my job loss. My friends Gopu Mohan & Annie, Ayyappan, Sannidha & Praveen are being of much help. I look forward to freelancing, easier said than done, as an option to cope with the situation.

On Twitter (I have managed to almost withdraw myself from Facebook) friends and followers have been of immense help with their comforting and inspiring words, for instance, Alka Gadgil,  'Jesse' @jershalley, Zahirra Dayal, Not a Bot@Shivang1746428, Surmai, Jeena,  and more. 

My daughter is doing well. She is into her second year English Literature course.

I firmly believe that we should leave it to our women to lead us. Jacinda Ardern (despite the criticisms) has already proved it. Everyone from Ilhan Abdullahi Omar to Greta Thunberg is proving it.

And, it is a necessity for us that the ongoing farmer's struggle in Delhi succeeds.

Wish our comrades languishing in prisons are finally set free...

ENDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment